Background

I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Strawberry Jamboree!


I have arrived!
I feel as though I have conquered
my own little country culinary world!
I have {as long as I can remember}
ALWAYS
wanted to make jam....
luscious, sweet, gooey
STRAWBERRY JAM!
Well...
I did it!
Thanks to my hero {as far as country girl's go}...
The Pioneer Woman
Click HERE for her recipe.

I must say it was much easier than I had expected
and it's DE-LISH!

And I had to have something to go with
my Strawberry Jam
SO...
I made Strawberry Scones.
Um...
YUM!!


I adapted the recipe from Paula Deen {just a bit}
because she's my other hero
and who am I to mess with her recipes???
{but I wanted strawberries IN the scones}
{and I wanted the scones to be a triangle} so...
Here is the recipe...

Strawberry Scones

 INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour {+ more for rolling}
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter , cut into small cubes
3 oz. cream cheese
3/4 to 1 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup heavy cream {+ 2 Tbsp for brushing}
Turbinado sugar {Sugar in The Raw}

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. 
Using a pastry blender, cut in butter and cream cheese until the mixture is crumbly. 
Gently fold in strawberries.
 Add the heavy cream, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Roll or pat the dough into a 1 inch thick square.
Cut into 4 equal squares {in 1/2 vertically and then in 1/2 horizontally}.
Then, cut each square across diagonally to make 2 triangles {you will have 8 triangles in all}.
Place each scone on prepared baking sheet.
Brush tops with cream then sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
{Here's my little baker, Skylar demonstrating that step}...

 


Bake until slightly golden brown, about 18 minutes.
Enjoy with scrumptious Strawberry Jam!

**I incorporated the Strawberry Jam and Strawberry Scones
into a Teacher Gift for all 12 of my kiddo's teachers.
{12 teachers...NOT 12 kiddos}
{We only have 7 kiddos...only}
click HERE or go to my HAPPIES page to see**


Blessings to you,
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment