Background

I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The New Life of an Old Buffet



A couple of weeks ago, I sent my sweet hubby on a mission to find a trundle bed.
No luck with the trundle bed
but he didn't come home empty handed...
He brought me this little treasure
 He scored this lovely for $50!!
 
Obviously, it needed some TLC
and I was more than happy to oblige!
And this is the beautiful transformation...

 
I absolutely LOVE this piece of furniture!
It now holds Shelby's toys and books neatly out of the way.
 
I sanded it down a bit and cleaned it up.
Then I removed the drawers and doors and spray-painted them
Krylon Leather Brown.
Then I spray painted the buffet with
Krylon Bahama Sea.
 
Once the paint dried for a few hours, I used
Minwax Gel Stain in Chestnut to glaze over all of the painted surfaces.
I painted it on and wiped it off with an old rag
{you need to work quickly and in small areas at a time when using gel stain}.
 
 
Oh...and I Mod Podged the inside of the drawers so they are cleaner
{and prettier}!
 
Here are some close-up details...
 I added glass knobs
 
 


I painted over the pulls and dry-brushed them with gold paint.
 
Refinishing furniture is SO rewarding to me...
especially when it's SO inexpensive!!
Happy Me +Happy Budget=Happy Hubby!
That's a win in any book!
 
 
Go score a thrift store find and bring it back to life...you'll be so happy you did!
 
Have a blessed day,
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment