Background

I got my background at ZingerBug.com

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shelby's Sugar Shoppe

Shelby's Sugar Shoppe

Well, I'm doing this out of order...Shelby's 1st Birthday was in June and I'm just now getting these pictures in.  :) 
I decided to go with a vintage Sweet Shoppe theme.  There are a lot of things I would have done differently had I had more time but I still think it turned out pretty cute.  She had a great time! :)

Here is my beautiful Birthday Girl!  My sister (Lesa Young of Youngs Photographic Imaging www.y2photo.net ) took all of the pictures...thanks, Sista!

I used an ivory and pink strawberry print fabric for the backdrop and trimmed it with lace.  I made the bunting from various patterns of paper and printed/cut out the letters to say "Shelby's Sugar Shoppe".

Shelby's Sugar Shoppe tablescape

Iced Animal Cookies

 Salt Water Taffy



Strawberry Sugar Cookies

We also had a variety of Sugar Wafer Cookies, donuts, and
White-Chocolate dipped Strawberry Marshmallows.


We made this flower arrangement from a zigzag container filled with floral oasis.  We added pink carnations as the "frosting" and placed a taper candle in the middle.  I had adorable lace  ribbon to tie a bow at the bottom of the candle but ran out of time before the first guests were beginning to arrive!  :(  I got this idea from http://www.howdoesshe.com/cupcake-flower-centerpiece

I made Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting (top), Pink Lemonade Cupcakes with Strawberry Lemonade Buttercream Frosting and a candied lemon slice (middle), and Snickerdoodle Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting (bottom).
The cupcake liner pompom arrangement is from the Vintage Valentine Party.  See the tutorial here: 
http://www.karaspartyideas.com/search/label/vintage%20valentines%20party
Shelby's Special Vanilla Cupcake



For the Party Favors, I put the various flavors of cupcakes in a small mason jar and decorated the lid.  I also tied a plastic spoon and attached a label to each one. 

My sweet friend, Rebecca gave this Birthday Party Hat to Shelby...the picture doesn't do it justice!!

The Birthday Girl in her hat!  :)

Cupcakes make me happy, too!! 

Here is another precious picture that my sister took of the Birthday Girl...just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment